The Canyon's Edge
Hello Readers,
Have no fear I have been lost in some great books lately, as well as the beginning of the year teacher business. But, let me tell you about The Canyon's Edge! *Trigger Warning, this book does mention death.*
This book, written in verse, is about a young teenage girl's will, determination, overcoming fears, and finding strength within yourself. I was able to read this book right after my eleven-year-old daughter read the book and spoke highly of it herself. I told her it was on my reading list, so I moved it to the top so we could discuss the book together. This was a page-turner. I was constantly finding myself wanting to know what was going to happen next, or if my previous predictions were true. This brought about some great discussions about life, looks, friendships, and sacrifice.
I would suggest this book to anyone who needs some uplifting, needs to be grounded, needs a wake-up call, or needs a good, no, a really good book to read. I found this book valuing myself more and feeling thankful for what I have as well as what I have lost in the past.
Kudos to any author, especially Dusti Bowling for sharing such a powerful story and doing so in verse. You are very talented! This is a Five Star Book!
Comments
Post a Comment