Podcasts
Happy Fall Y’all!
It is finally starting to feel like fall, at least for a few hours of the day here in Houston. This is my prime time to get serious about my exercise before the new year. I told myself I would give myself a year of healing after being on bed rest during pregnancy than a C-section. Well, the time has come, my baby will be ONE next week! So, that means I will be spending more time alone running and walking, so I want to be productive with my time so podcasts to the rescue! I am very new to the listening of podcasts, but I have found a few people that I enjoy following on Facebook or Twitter, who have started a weekly podcast that I plan to follow for starters. Do you follow podcasts, or do you subscribe, or is there another term…, Anyway if you are looking to create your own podcasts I have found a few sites that you can upload and stream for free? Here are some information about various podcast sites to help get you started on creating your own podcast or even by listening.
Soundcloud-Let
me start by saying this is a great starter site, once you get through the “extras”!
If you follow the top taskbar to where it says upload. You will simply upload
your audio recording and click submit, easy peasy! Soundcloud offers three hours of audio in its free version, or six hours if you upgrade to the PRO plan. I do wish the interface was
not as busy as it can be overwhelming to beginners; this is my #1 reason for it
not winning my first choice. With that being said, Soundcloud is great for the
beginner. Soundcloud is a huge name but they are predominately music generated, they do have many podcasts. The quick search option you can type in any kind of
podcast you are looking for and BOOM-up pop many options.
Podbean-I liked that podbean is available as an app on both Apple and Android. This was site was easy to use and allowed me to log in via Google or setting up your own account information. Podbean was also a one-stop shop if you will. You can easily upload your podcast to various websites, social media or even to various podcast apps to make sure your podcast is easily accessible to the public. Podbean won me over! I have used Soundcloud in the past, which was my second choice, but Podbean offered ease of use as well as the ability to quickly share your podcast with so many sources to spread your message efficiently. The user-friendly platform is easy even for beginners. If you upgrade even just to the $9 per month option you get unlimited audio (you get five hours with the free version) and the ability to view statistics. This would be very beneficial if you are looking to branch out, wanting to see which demographic you are reaching or to see how people are finding you.
Enjoy this podcast from The Librarian Lounge as they discuss how their districts have dealt with book checkout during the Pandemic.
https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-5quc2-f190b4
There
are many ways to search for podcasts. Search through your app store to find a
way to play your podcast. Google Play, Spotify, iTunes, Choose your favorite app
to listen and use the search bar to type in what type of podcast you are
looking for. Maybe education in general, a grade level, or subject to help
better pinpoint your interests. There are MANY options available. If you want
to listen through your computer browser simply type in the type of podcast you
are wanting to find and many options will pop up. I have found some great
topics I didn’t even know I was interested in just by doing a general search.
I
will now have some podcast distractions during my running to hopefully take my
mind off how slowly time passes when I am working out!
Until next time, Happy
Podcasting!
Your podcast is well executed and such a relevant topic! Thanks for sharing your ideas about handling checkout during these unprecedented times.
ReplyDeleteThis was a great podcast on a current topic. I love the interaction between the group, it made it very engaging!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed hearing the perspectives of fellow librarians on a topic that I am having a challenge with! Book checkout during the pandemic has not been an easy task and I am glad to get more feedback and insight on this very important, but sensitive mater.
ReplyDeleteYour podcast was very interesting and I enjoyed hearing it. That topic is very well known in this time when everything is virtual. The students still want to read but it is difficult becomes of virtual teaching. You shared awesome ideas. Thank You.
ReplyDelete