Dog Man Books

 Readers, I hope another blessed day is upon you! 

So, help me out here. I enjoy a graphic novel, I respect other's choices in reading graphic novels, reading IS reading. So whether you want a magazine, a biography, an instruction manual, I will not judge. With that being said, I was not a fan of Dog Man. My personal children think the Dog Man books are great. My school students LOVE dogman, they are hard to keep on the shelf! I took some time to sit down and read one of my daughter's favorites Dog Man and Cat Kid. I had to take a break about halfway through, it was not a difficult read I just needed to regroup, to just breathe and try to relax and enjoy the nonsense. Maybe that is my problem. I am not a nonsense-type person, as much as I try to be. I am laid back and can go with the flow, but I do crave order, organization, real-life to get lost in a book.  I can handle a LOT more nonsense at school than I can at home, so maybe the location in which I read Dog Man was my problem. I was sitting at home and not at school. Eniovnrment can play a factor in our reading.  

However, the story had a lot to offer. It had order, in fact, the plot altogether was good. The "animated scenes" where you flip the page back and forth quickly was a nice touch as was the directions on how to do that. I also love the fact that there are many positive themes thrown in the storyline, empathy, kindness, persistence, and being true to one's self. So for these reasons, I will gladly keep these books on shelves and I will continue from time to time, to brush up on my Dog Man knowledge by reading another book in the series. I will allow my children to continue reading books of their choice, though I do voluntarily throw out some fabulous book titles as options for their weekly library trips.  Maybe I will suddenly start barking up the Dav Pilkey tree!

Hopefully, Dav Pilkey was able to remind me to relax and enjoy the little things in life. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infographics

Texas Reading Lists!

The Canyon's Edge