Y'all I must say Katherine Applegate has done it again! 


I have just finished reading The One and Only Bob and this book does not disappoint! This book is told from the point of view of Robert, Bob, the dog. The courageous efforts and humble begins for Bob are told in great detail. As a dog lover, I immediately fell in love with Bob and after hearing his horrific upbringing and abandonment as a young puppy I was hooked and had to follow Bob in hopes his future is better than his past. I will not post any spoilers of course, but I LOVE a book that gets me hooked immediately. This book will entertain children of various levels and reading abilities. My 7-year-old is looking forward to reading this book aloud with me this weekend. My 11-year-old finished the book in one day! 
This book would be great to use to compare and contrast characters, as a vocabulary lesson or to discuss cultural diversity. Using this book, you could have a wonderful creative writing exercise picking any of the events and asking students to write about the same experiences from the point of another character. 

I am already hoping for another hit book from the point of view of Julia. I would love to read more about her vantage point of all these events. My oldest daughter is hopeful for a book entitled The One and Only Ruby or The One and Only Stella. So Katherine Applegate, if this blog post reaches you, here are some additional ideas if you need any! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infographics

Texas Reading Lists!

The Canyon's Edge